Monday, June 2, 2008

Back Again

No, the Sinking Old Sanctuary hasn't sunk yet. However, I have abandoned it for quite a while due to college and friends. But I am back for now and hopefully I will contribute more to the blog and better show what it's all about. This is a dream I had some days ago.

The first picture I can recall is seeing down my bare feet and hairy legs on a rocky cement path about as wide as an arm's length. On both sides of the long, undulating path are flattened wet grass. The cement path is dry as my feet are sliding down steep drops, however much of what I could see consisted of seas of wet green hairs of the earth. It looked like the grass wasn't cut for quite a while, yet every blade barely stuck up but instead all pointed almost directly forward to where i was going. Hill by hill i slide up and down frictionlessly, cautiously having my knees bent so that i don't fall. When I saw trees to my left or to my right they seemed miles away. The path begins to curve around a small pond and towards a familiar clock tower from my college campus, where I see several friends surfing on the dewed grass on their surfboards, as well.
I recently finished college for the summer and had to do a lot of traveling on the day I came back home, which could explain the long runway I had to myself and no one else. The grass could explain the type of environments I have been around, as the last few days of college had a lot of sun and rain. What I can't figure out is why I'm dreaming of coming back to college after just leaving it.

No comments: