The candle attracts the children's laughs in the middle-aged.
It illuminates the smiles in our wrinkles.
For the day I forget what it means
to love one another
will be the day when flames stand still.
Come around old friend,
if you've got a candle in your heart.
We can laugh at the nights
and be back in time to bottle up
the fireflies before they retreat to the spirit world.
Bring your dog with you too,
because Lily's been gone for 4 days
and I miss her stealthy wet nose
smeering its way across my hand.
I just want to find some kind of ghost of her
in your new companion's stride.
I want to see if he'll stand up and clutch my
palms in his paws, I want him to
pinch me with his sharp nails
to feel if there are any daggers in his swagger.
Let's get on your roof so we can show him
what it means to howl
from the bottom of our balls,
above the lights of civilization,
and hope it doesn't cause another freak accident
like the last time you tried to scream a candle to death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment